Greetings and welcome in!
I am quite excited to share this recipe. It’s been a labor of love (for peanut butter mostly), but methinks I discovered just the right mix of ingredients.
Peanut Butter “Power”
These cookies will be the hit of ANY occasion.
“Power” cookies because of the daily value of fiber and protein found in the peanut butter and Bob’s Red Mill’s wheat germ and flaxseed meal. And, because the cookies are baked on a Lodge Cast Iron griddle – what a tasty and healthy combo!
Peanut Butter Power Cookie Recipe
Ingredients and Instructions
In Large Nordic Ware bowl, mix together thoroughly
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer combined with 2 Tbsp. water (premixed in separate mini prep Nordic Ware bowl)
- ½ cup coconut oil (softened) and 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup Krema/Crazy Richard’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup honey (preferably wild or raw)
In Medium Nordic Ware bowl, sift and mix together thoroughly . . . stir into above mix
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Germ
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- Chill dough for an hour or more then proceed to step #2
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place Lodge Cast Iron griddle in oven and preheat for 5-8 min . . . remove from oven
- Roll dough into balls the size of large walnuts
- Place 3” apart onto preheated Lodge Cast Iron griddle
- Flatten with fork dipped into water . . . crisscross.
- Bake 10-12 minutes – until set but not hard
- Place onto cooling rack and serve
Makes approximately two ½ dozen cookies
Don’t hesitate – go ahead and spread some peanut butter and grape or strawberry jelly between two cookies… and LOOK OUT! Double yummy peanut butter & jelly sandwich!
“Enjoy and Keep a good thought!” Bob P.
Credit where credit is due:
All photos © 2017 R.L. Peterson
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker’s Picture Cookbook; 1950 Edition; pp. 204