Greetings and welcome in, my friends!
For this blog, I’ve intertwined two areas of interest- sustainability and vegan lifestyle (healthy eating). I hope you enjoy it!
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), is changing the way people think about how buildings and communities are planned, constructed, maintained, and operated.
Since its inception, I have been a proponent of the US Green Building Council’s LEED certification for green buildings.
US Green Building Council (USGBC), assists in defining acceptable standards for a sustainable future for humanity and the environment – and not just by advancing better buildings, but through five vital project types: building design and construction; interior design and construction; building operations and maintenance; neighborhood development; homes.
The Greenest Building
I also subscribe to the philosophy that the “greenest” building is the one that is already built. Which is why I also support the mission of The National Trust for Historic Preservation. This organization is integral in helping save and restore the nation’s historic buildings and properties in a manner consistent with sustainability.
LEED Certified “Green” Smoothie Recipe
If I remember correctly, and I’m certain that I do, my Mom couldn’t pay me to eat spinach as a kid. Ha Ha! Now, I’m eating it of my own free will. Oh, how times have changed.
I doubt the USGBC will certify this drink as platinum or gold but perhaps “Green.”
Seeking a “healthy-tasting” treat . . . this is it! Not to mention it is healthy, too.
I’ve also enjoyed this drink as a substitute for a meal.
• 1 ripe banana, peeled and quartered
• ½ cup frozen fruit (50:50 mix of strawberries and peaches)
• ½ scoop (provided in bag) of Vega Protein Smoothie-Viva Vanilla
• 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Flax Seed
• 1 heaping Tbsp. Krema/Crazy Richard’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
• ¾ – 1 cup (varies upon desired thickness) Almond Breeze Almond Milk-Original
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach/spring mix
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and mix until creamy
2. Serve immediately but can be frozen to enjoy later
Makes one generously-sized serving
Keep a good thought! Bob P.
Credit where credit is due:
Recipe inspired by runningveganrecipes
All photos © 2016 R.L. Peterson