Greetings “followers!” Welcome in again to Zero528 website/blog featuring an eclectic collection of personal interests.
This entry features yet another yummy recipe which has been altered to vegan. It also is the first of many Zero528 vegan recipes which will be utilizing Lodge Cast Iron bakeware/cookware.
Why Lodge Cast Iron? I’ve always been interested and intrigued by the use of these products from a nostalgic and historical perspective and will be adding more to my collection soon.
Look for Lodge Dutch Oven ‘vegan’ recipes coming soon from Zero528.
Oh, and did I mention that all of the Lodge foundry Seasoned Cast Iron and Seasoned Carbon Steel products are manufactured in the USA!
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet Banana-Nut Muffin Recipe
My hope is that this breakfast treat will be enjoyed at all hours of the day. It makes for a great snack packed full of healthy!
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Rice Bran
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Flax Seed
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Germ
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer combined with 2 Tbsp. of water
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk-Original
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (liquid)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup walnut or pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In a Medium bowl add dry ingredients into a sifter placed in bowl and mix together
- Add flax seed and wheat germ to dry ingredients in aforementioned Medium bowl
- In a Large bowl, combine ‘egg’ replacer, water, almond milk, and coconut oil
- Add dry ingredients to egg replacer mixture and mix until blended
- Add applesauce, bananas, and nuts and mix until blended (mashing bananas)
- Pour batter into lightly oiled (coconut oil) Lodge 8” cast iron skillet
- Bake for 28-34 minutes or when top springs back when touched – toothpick is clean
Makes one giant muffin – share and enjoy!
Keep a good thought! Bob P.
Credit where credit is due:
Recipe adapted from Lighthouse Rita